Cayson

Cayson

Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 20 Orlando - Conway East

This week was really interesting. For thanksgiving we actually had 2 dinners and then another member gave us left overs haha. It was awesome! Also we had a really cool experience on thanksgiving. We had a service project where we went to downtown Orlando and served lunch to the homeless. They said that about 30,000 people ate there that day! It was awesome to see how happy they were even. It goes to show that real happiness doesn't always come by having money.


So this week we were tracking (knocking doors) and came across his kid named Jose. We were able to teach him about the Restoration and we even committed him to be baptized on Jan 2 right there! It was such a cool experience. Unfortunately yesterday his mom called and chewed us out for talking to him! :( it's super frustrating because he was so excited and happy and knew it was true but can't be taught!

We also saw a huge alligator this week! We were biking down the road and I looked over and thought there was a dinosaur just chillin there.  We got some pretty good pictures. If I were to guess I would bet he was 7 -8 feet long. Coolest thing ever!

 
So this week I did a lot of studying about humility and being grateful. President Uchtdorf said, "We sometimes think that being grateful is what we do after our problems are solved, but how terribly shortsighted that is. How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?" Sometimes in life we are to busy waiting for the end when we miss the joy of the journey.  I know I'm guilty of this. I really am grateful for all of the trials in my life that have gotten me to where I am today. Ether 12:27 says it best.

Well I love you all!