Cayson

Cayson

Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 16 Orlando - Conway East

This week was great! Halloween was way fun. We spent it at a members home and played board games until about 9:30. We got a permission to stay out a little bit later than normal. Melissa (the less active who is way awesome) came over with us too. It was a party! The best part is that Melissa loved it too. We're pretty sure she's going to church next week so that's going to be cool.

Also on Halloween Elder Gale and I were biking to a lesson and ran into a group of kids. They are ran up to us and we're like "Come trick or treating with us!" They were only about 6 so we got to go trick or treating with them to a few houses. It was so funny! I love little kids :)

Probably the biggest success that we saw this week was that we (elder Gale mostly) committed an investigator to baptism and he only speaks Spanish! I was able to understand a pretty good portion of the conversation but I still can't speak the language yet. The spirit was so strong! Unfortunately he's moving back to Cuba in a few weeks so we're not sure how we are going to get it all worked out but we will try to figure something out. So to say the least the Spanish work here in our area is working out pretty well.

Also I had a great birthday! The Silvas invited us over for cake in the evening so I had a mini family party which was pretty cool. It felt a little bit like home to me. I also got a couple of really sweet ties! So to say the least I had a great birthday!!!


Silva Family (Members in our ward)
We had a great testimony meeting in church yesterday. Our ward mission leader bore his testimony on the Book of Mormon. He said, if you are struggling at life, read the Book of Mormon. If you feel alone, read the Book of Mormon. If you are out of money and left on the streets, read the Book of Mormon, because the Book of Mormon will always bring us safely home. I thought this was super cool! I have come to have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon while on my mission.

Also someone talked about faith. This week I came across a scripture that really stuck out to me. It's Ether 12:12. Faith is not just belief alone, it is action and when we act great things will happen! When we exercise our faith we see miracles. I have come to find out that this is so true! I have seen so many miracles while out here on my mission and I know it is all because I have strengthened my faith.

Well I love you all and hope the best for all! Remember to always have faith and to always study the Book of Mormon!

Elder Goff