Cayson

Cayson

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 15 Orlando - Conway East

Well this week was a good one...except for that it was bike week D: It still hasn't rained! It's been almost 3 weeks since we've had a good rain storm. Also the temperature is still dropping. It gets about 65 degrees at night which is so nice. It feels just like paradise. I'm starting to understand why everyone likes Florida now.

So even though my companion is a Spanish missionary, I still can't speak it haha. I can understand a basic conversation but that's about it. Most of the time when they say something to me I just nod my head and say, "si, si" haha it's pretty funny. I'm working on being able to say a Prayer in Spanish. And I want to learn to bare my testimony. Elder Gale usually just teaches the entire lesson and I just sit there and smile. But it's all good, I'll get the hang of it.


This week we had a trunk or treat ward social which was amazing! I was one of the judges for who made the best chile (someone cooked one with habeneros so I about burnt my face off). We also had a Halloween dance so I got to dance with a bunch of little kids. After the dance they had us 4 missionaries of the ward come up and have a hula hoop contest in front of everyone. I forgot how hard it is to hula hoop! There was a little kid who kicked my butt at it haha. To top off the whole ward social, we had a family bring a nonmember family, one of the youth brought 2 of his nonmember friends, and 2 less active families come to the social! I was soooo excited to see them come! And they all loved it.

Another highlight of the week is that a less active family that we have been working with FOREVER went to the temple to do baptisms for the 1st time since they were baptized! They said that they can't wait to go again and they have also committed to coming back to church. It was a miracle.

Well we don't have anyone on date for baptism right now but we have a lot of investigators and less actives that we are working with. The people here are so nice! I never really understood what people meant when they told me that you will come to love the people in your mission, but it is so true! I really do love everyone here. They are so unique and would do anything for us!

Yesterday in church they talked about faith. Having faith really is key to everything we do. When we have faith everything seems to fall into place. I really have seen absolute miracles come through faith. 
Ether 12:6 tells us that faith is things that are hoped for and not seen. I have really reflected on what I hope to see happen in my mission and in my life. I hope you all never lose faith even when that hope seems to be lost. Love you all and always remember to have faith!

Elder Goff


Pictures are of us at the trunk or treat party. We dressed up by all wearing bow ties. 
From left to right: Elder O'hare, Elder Gale, Elder Rowley and Me