Cayson

Cayson

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 14 Orlando - Conway East

This week was great! It didn't even rain at all! Haha that's probably why it's raining so much there. :) It sounds like the deer hunt has been good in Utah.  It reminds me of when Christ saw Peter fishing and asked him to leave his net and be fishers of men. Except for me I have been asked to leave my guns and be hunters of men :) it's cool to know that I am kind of like the prophets haha.

Anyways we had a very productive week! We found an investigator named Gage and committed him to baptism but unfortunately, yesterday we found out that he is moving Tuesday L so we will send the referral to the missionaries who are serving where he lives. Other than that there is not too much else new. Our area is doing really well especially with Elder Gale!

So something cool that happened this week was stake conference for the Orlando stake. It was really good because Elder Hymas, on of the area seventies for our area, came and talked with us. He talked a lot to the members about how everyone should be full-time missionaries. He started his talk by asking, "Would all of the full-time missionaries stand up?" All of the missionaries stood up. Then he said, "No I didn't mean the 24 month missionaries, they aren't here their whole lives. Would all of the FULL-TIME missionaries stand up?" Everyone in the congregation stood up. I thought this was really cool because we are all full-time missionaries and we should all be doing missionary work. President Hymas also quoted, "Gone are the days when we pray that the missionaries will find someone to teach." These are the days when we should, as members of the church, all pray for the opportunity to find people to teach. D&C18:15-17

He also talked a lot on keeping the Sabbath day holy. He said, "If we only knew the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy we would be to church 30 minutes early every Sunday!" This is so true. I remember a talk this last conference on "What Lack I Yet"? An example he gave was of a returned missionary who was overwhelmed with so many things that he just could not find peace. When he asked God, "what lack I yet?" He received the answer to keep the Sabbath day holy. This action brought him peace and comfort. I never realized the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy but when I look back at my life, I realize that my parents did recognize the importance of it and I am great fun for that because it brought me peace.

Elder Goff


Elder Gale and I with our new investigator :)