Cayson

Cayson

Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 13 Orlando - Conway East

Another transfer down! Time is flying by! I can't believe that it's already almost time for the deer hunt back home! I feel like Peter, James, and John who gave up hunting deer to be hunters of men :) at least it goes something like that (fishing - hunting = same thing) haha

So there are a lot of things that changed his week! The biggest is ELDER GALE!!!! 
He is so awesome! The best part is that he is a Spanish missionary which is going to be an enormous help because there are so many Puerto Ricans here who only speak Spanish! I can't tell you how many times I haven't been able to share the gospel with them because I haven't been able to speak Spanish! It's super frustrating. So I guess now I have to learn Spanish... At least enough to teach a lesson. That's going to be fun. I feel like I can already understand a basic conversation in Spanish. But my goal is to be able to have a basic  conversation in Spanish with someone by the end of this transfer. I'm pretty nervous about that. I think that Elder Gale's going to have to do most of the talking.

So other than trying to learn Spanish, our first week together was amazing! We found 5 new  investigators! I'm so excited for these people to have a desire to put Christ first in their life. I remember one talk given by
Richard J. Maynes about living a Christ centered life. He talked about his experience with a potters wheel. When the clay is not completely centered on the wheel, it begins to wobble and it cannot be molded. In order for us to allow God to mold us, Christ must be at the center of our lives. I am finding every day that this is why I am on a mission, to not only center Christ in my life but to help others see how Christ must be the center of their lives.

So this week we had a cool experience. We were able to have a huge stake service project at primrose school for special needs. It was in bad shape and really needed a lot of work done. It was amazing to see the light in these special individual's eyes as they saw us fixing up their school. We really don't recognize what true happiness is until we decide to forget about ourselves and get lost in the service of our God. It was one of the highlights of my mission!


Also while doing this project I found this pineapple growing! I always thought they grew off of trees, but I guess not. It was a cool surprise. Well I love you all and hope the best!
Elder Goff


Picture is of Elder Gubler! We were on the same basketball team in 6th grade! He moved to hurricane just before high school. It's nice to see someone who knows people that I know. :)
We also got to go to the temple again this week. We went with the youth in our ward so we just stayed on the outside of the temple.
Elder Gubler