Cayson

Cayson

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 12 Orlando - Conway East


Well this week was great! It's Elder Hiltons last here in the Conway Ward because he is being transferred tomorrow! It's been a few great months with him and I have learned so much. It will be nice to be done training though! Elder Hilton only has 2 transfers left so he leaves at the end of December.

So we had one of the funniest hints happen to us this week! We were checking up on a member In our ward and it was at night so she told her kid to go get undressed and she would be in to help him get ready for bed in a minute. We continued to talk to the member for about 5 more minutes when her kid came running out in the living room butt naked screaming! It was super funny haha! Our members in our ward are so great! Haha

General Conference was great! There were a lot on keeping the Sabbath day holy, families and becoming Christlike. One of my favorite talks was given by Elder Holland on Mothers. He compared the love of a mother to the love of Christ. He said that there are 2 people who are willing to bare you up, Jesus Christ and our mothers. I am so blessed to have such a great mother! She has been here for me every step of the way, and without her help, who knows where I would be. Elder Holland quoted Moroni 7:45-47 but substituted the word "charity" for "a mothers love". My mother has a love similar to the pure love of Christ.  (Yep I'm crying now. He is such an amazing son, I am so very blessed!)

I also had a cool experience while doing some service. There was a snake hanging out in the bushes that I caught! It was all black so I'm pretty sure it was a Black Mamba ;) haha jk it's a gartner snake. But that's what the picture is. Life here is great!

Another Great talk was given right after on fathers by Bradley D. Foster. He told the fathers out there to teach here children not only to hear but to understand. He said speaking to the fathers, "Don't miss out on teaching truths to your children." I'm glad that I have a dad that taught me truths and set an example for me to follow. It is because of him that I am here serving a mission. He has taught me not only to hear, but to listen also and I am so very grateful for that.

Man this Conference was intense! 3 brand new apostles! Ronald A Rasband, Gary E Stevenson, and Dale G. Renlund. I loved their testimonies also.



Service Project - Fixing a Pipe with Elder Hilton
Elder Hilton, Ralph, Jason, and Me

My District