Cayson

Cayson

Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 11 Orlando - Conway East

Time is flying by so fast!  I can't believe that I have already been out 3 months! It's super crazy. I am loving every second of it though. This week we had a lot of success! It was bike week but crazy enough, we didn't even get rained on! Pretty great :) It is definitely starting to cool off! The morning runs are super nice! I hear that the winter here is like paradise! I can't wait for that because the summer here was probably the complete opposite of paradise haha.

So we had a great lesson in our gospel principles class. It was about how we can know if God is really there. Someone in the lesson brought up an old saying, "for those who know, no explanation is needed; for those who don't know, no explanation will suffice." We don't come to know that God is really there through an explanation. We come to know that he is there through a witness of the Holy Ghost. I have found out for myself, and, if there is one thing that I have learned on my mission, it would be that. God is really there and he watches over each and everyone of us. We just have to look for Him.
Jason is doing great! He came to church Sunday and he also brought his friend! It was great. He understands everything and is looking forward to his baptism! I am super excited for Him because he is about as good of a kid as you can find! We also have a referral that we got from a member. It is his son-in-law. We are yet to teach him any lessons but the member says that he is very interested so that will be good.

Transfers are coming up next week. I'm pretty sure that this is my last week with Elder Hilton :( He has been such a good trainer and example for me. I think that I will probably stay here in the Conway ward for at least one more transfer before I leave. Elder Hilton is ready to go though. He has been here for 6 transfers (almost 9 months)!!! He goes home at the end of December so he is old in the mission, haha.
So I found a scripture that describes my life here on the mission. It's 2 Nephi 29:3. It talks about how people are going to reject the word of God in the last days because they already have a bible. People here in the South are that exact way! Nobody wants to hear more of God's word which doesn't make any sense at all to me. But I guess that's how it is.

Well I love all you guys and hope the best!
Elder Goff


FHE with a family in our ward; played this awesome game
where you build up train tracks to win.
The object lesson of the Restoration we used to teach Von

I look like I'm sad but I'm really happy haha
Some dude's hulk Halloween costume that he is making.
We were riding past and had to take a picture.
I hope to see him on Halloween in it!

us waiting out a rainstorm in our apt