Cayson

Cayson

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week 9 Orlando - Conway East

I had a great week here in the promised land of Orlando Florida! We didn't teach as many lessons as we would have liked, but we still made a lot of progress! The weather has been so nice this week! We only got rained on once while riding our bikes! The rest of the days it has been sunny. Today is super nice! It's probably 78 degrees and sunny so its going to be a good day :) 

This week I had the opportunity to attend my first zone conference. Zone conference is where 3 zones get together and have an inspired meeting. We had a lot of amazing talks, but I think that the main theme of the conference was based off of a question President Berry asked us, "Do you want to be a good missionary or an exceptional one?" This question really struck me deep. He continued by saying, "We are not here to serve a 2 year mission; we are here to become missionaries. A mission lasts 2 years; a missionary lasts a lifetime." I am not on a mission to just be here, I am on a mission to change my life and become a missionary. I feel that I am doing just that.
Unfortunately we are not teaching Ben anymore :( but our other investigators are doing well. So our investigators that we are teaching now are Anna (found her while biking 2 weeks ago and committed her to baptism on Sept. 26th that same week), Neil (one of the members brother in laws who is on baptism date for Oct. 10 - may have to change that), Von (is excited to be baptized, but does not fully understand the concept of baptism), and Jason. Jason was the miracle of the week last week! His story is pretty cool. So Elder Hilton and I were biking along and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a man standing by his garage looking at us and it was like something pulled me over to him without a choice. We talked, gave him a Book of Mormon, and set up a return appointment not thinking too much of it. When we returned, Jason explained how he had been studying the Book of Mormon and knew it was true! We committed him to baptism on Oct. 17, but we may do it even sooner than that! I loved his response after inviting him to be baptized. He said, "What do I need to do to be ready?"!!!!!! I am so excited for him! Anyways so our investigators are doing great! We are also teaching a few less actives and recent converts.

This week I really worked on patience. I was able to study patience everyday and I now find myself more christ-like because of it. I am able to stop and think about the consequence/benefits of a decision. A cool scripture that I found is D&C 101:38. It made me think of what the blessings are of being patient. Well I love you all and hope the best! Remember to be patient in all things!
Love, Elder Goff