Cayson

Cayson

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 10 Orlando - Conway East

Elder Hilton has been battling a cold for half the week :( but I guess that doesn't stop the work from progressing. My testimony grew so much stronger this week. The Lord gives us trials such as this to strengthen us. In Ether 12:6, it tells us that a witness does not come after a trial of your faith. I feel that this trial of my faith has given me a witness of the truthfulness of his gospel! I know without a doubt that it is true and it is for this reason that I am out here.

So besides Elder Hilton getting sick, I had a lot of cool and new experiences this week. On Tuesday, I went on an exchange with Elder Creer. He is an awesome Elder from Spanish fork Utah, but the cool part about it was that I have been out on a mission longer than he has. This was the first time that I have been the senior companion! I felt a lot of pressure, but I also was super excited! We did great!
So unfortunately Anna is not going to make her date for baptism this week. Because we had the trial of being sick, we weren't able to visit as many people as we would have liked. She also has family over so we haven't met with her for about a week. :(  I still have faith that she will get baptized someday. Jason and Von are doing great though! I look forward to seeing them progress even more! Another person that we have been working with is an in active named Melissa. She is actually our neighbor and we had a great lesson with her Saturday! We hope to get her to church this coming Sunday :)

Overall I feel like this week was a big step for me. I was able to take the lead in a lot of things and I know that I am where I am suppose to be! Thank You for all of your prayers and support! Love you all!
Elder Goff

Some food that our Tongan ward mission leader made us! The chicken and roll was good but the other stuff was...... yeah haha. Kind of weird stuff. I think it is a mixture of tuna, spinach, and some other random stuff.

Caught some pictures of lightning this week. It's so much cooler in person though!