Cayson

Cayson

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 18 Orlando - Conway East

It sounds like the Utah weather is good! What is snow? I've heard of it before but I can't remember what it is. I hear that there is snow all over the ground there but what do you mean by that? Here all you see is green. None of the leaves fall off the trees and it's still 80 degrees during the day! People still mow their lawns like crazy here. It seems like in Utah we do all we can to get stuff to grow and here its like people do all they can to stop stuff from growing.

So I saw a ton of miracles this week, but the biggest miracle was with a part member family we have been working with, the Pinilla's. They have been searching for an answer to their prayers to know if the Book of Mormon is true and they said that they finally found one! They read Jacob 3:1 just after their dog passed away, and they told us how comforting it was to them. We have prayed and fasted for a miracle like this to happen.  I have a very strong testimony of miracles. I have seen so many that have just left me in awe and wonder. I don't have a doubt in my mind that this is the true church and that Jesus Christ is at the head of it. I know that he still works through people today. I gave a training on how miracles are brought to pass by faith a few weeks ago. While studying I learned that when we have the faith to be completely obedient, diligent, and loving, we see miracles. I know that being obedient will bring miracles throughout my mission. I had a cool thought this week. As missionaries, we are called to find the canna's and wanna's. Those who are willing to sacrifice so much and change their lives for Christ. I think that it is the same way with God toward us. God is trying to find the canna's and wanna's in members. Those who are willing to be completely obedient to all of the rules and are faithful enough to see miracles. It is important that we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and keep all of his commandments even when sometimes we don't understand why they are there.
Missionary work is by far the best thing ever. I have come to love the people here in Conway! Transfers are Tuesday and luckly I'm staying here! I have made a lot of lifetime friends. Like Jason, I can tell we will be best buds forever. Jason is an investigator of ours who we have been working with for a few months. He wants to get baptized super bad, but unfortunately there are some issues so he won't be able to just yet. He is a stud.

Well I love you all and hope for the best!
Elder Goff