Cayson

Cayson

Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 21 Orlando - Conway East

This week was great! We had a lot of success. It was bike week again but I would have to say that I still liked it because the hottest it got was 75. So we had a cool experience this week with a guy named Jose. Elder Hilton had passed by this guy a lot but weren't ever able to teach him because he couldn't speak English. Elder Gale and I contacted this guy and he was so prepared! We taught him the Restoration and he said that he believed all of it. After giving him a Book of Mormon we testified of how we know it is true... Mostly elder Gale. The spirit was so strong! I would have to say that one of my favorite part about my mission is lessons like that where the spirit is so strong that you can't deny anything! I love it.

The people we are teaching are Jason, the Rivieras, and the Risley's Jason is the coolest kid ever! Also this week We started teaching a guy who is a lot like me. His name is Ben. He goes up to Georgia and hunts whitetail deer all the time so I told him that I would take him spike elk hunting or deer hunting in Utah if he takes me hunting in Georgia. I would say that it's a fair trade. Also this week we went to the poiriers who are an amazing member family in our ward and decorated a tree with them! I love Christmas. Haha oh also Have you guys ever heard of watermelon juice!? I've always wondered why they never make it but it turns out that they do! And it is AMAZING! We were eating at a members house and he put some watermelon juice on the table. I seriously thought I was in a dream and had to pinch myself!

Yesterday during the Christmas devotional president Uchtdorf said something that really stuck out to me. He said,"Find a moment in the choir of our souls to acknowledge heartfelt gratitude to the Generous One." I look back on my life and realize how often I have had an amazing experience or blessing only to leave happy without considering to give thanks to God. The church came out with a video called, "what if we had no savior?" It sure is a good thing that we have a savior. We are able to be with our families forever because of him. It's crazy to think that because of a single birth, our eternal well being has been changed. "For God so loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten Son." What more do we need to be grateful for?

I love you all,
Elder Goff


A member gave us a Christmas tree!





Star Wars tie's :)
Exchanges - Elder Fairbanks (left) and Elder Bagshaw (right)