Cayson

Cayson

Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 6 Sebring

Got some transfer news this week. Looks like I'm sticking around Sebring for my last transfer! I love this place. There are so many good people here who are just friendly people. Everyone will wave at you which is not normal for Florida. Unfortunately, Elder McKee will be leaving me. He has been here for 6 months so he is ready to move on. Actually he will be transferred to my first area which is Conway East so that's pretty cool. My new companion is going to be Elder Arnson. I haven't met him yet but I've heard he is awesome.

Our investigators a doing well. Judeler is in Kentucky for an art competition so he was gone all week. We reset Damian's baptism date to June 10th which is the same as Judelers so we should have to baptisms that day. Judeler also has a few friends we are teaching too so we call them the Haitian crew because all 4 of them are Haitian. They all come to the church for a lesson on Thursday nights.
Some other news is that we will be getting Facebook to work with. Yup that's that. Should be interesting. Not sure what to expect.

Here is a cool miracle from the week:  Elder McKee and I were headed to a lesson when we saw a guy sitting outside in a wheel chair watering his lawn. We felt prompted to turn around and go talk to him even though we might be late to our lesson but we did it anyways. His name is Bill and as we talked with him I felt an immediate love for him. He seemed depressed. As we talked a bit more he opened up to us and said his wife just passed away and he was getting ready for her memorial service. We asked him, "What if we could show you how you and your family could be together forever even after we die?" His face lit up! We taught him about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the hope that He brings to our lives. He wanted to know more but was leaving town so we plan to follow up with him when he returns in a couple weeks. We missed our next appointment but it was definitely worth it. I was talking to a young man this week who wants to serve a mission. He is only 16 but was asking some questions about it. I explained how the Lord is preparing people right now for him to teach when he serves his mission. I know that Bill was one of those people that was being prepared for me to teach him when I was 16 because about 3 years ago he had a stroke which confined him to a wheel chair. Now his wife just passed away and his heart is softened. I love this Gospel! "My beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." (Moroni 7:29)

Hope you all have a good week!