Cayson

Cayson

Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 4 Sebring

Another week has come and gone here in the promised land. I honestly cannot believe how fast time has gone. We saw several miracles this week.

Sister Stichler and Bob, one of our investigators, opened up to us this week. They told us of their experience they had a couple weeks back. Sister Stichler has been less active for over a decade and Bob is a devote catholic. They were having some serious trials in their life. They both were praying for help the same day without telling each other. Well about 2 hours after Bob prayed for help, Elder McKee and I showed up not knowing them at all. We had a short lesson and felt prompted to offer them a priesthood blessing so we did. After the blessing Sister Stichler was crying but we didn't think too much of it at the moment until is past week when they told us of the experience. They have been to church the past 3 weeks in a row and Bob is starting to have a change of heart and accept the gospel! Its super hard to explain the feelings and details in words. This is the Lord's work and w are simply just his hands. There is a reason for everything whether we know it or not!

I taught a few lessons in Spanish this week. I used a lot of google translate and then just a few words that I knew. I'm getting to the point where I can understand a lot of Spanish I just can't speak any of it. One family we taught is Juan and Carol. They aren't married but Juan wants to get baptized before I leave so hopefully I can get something worked out. During one of the lessons we had with him this past week there was a knock at the door and it was Jehovah Witnesses. It got real awkward and I won't get into any details but the good news is that they came to church with us Sunday!


We have a bunch of other people we are working real closely with! The Lord sure is blessing us here in Sebring. The further into my mission that I get the greater appreciation I have for the gospel and the Book of Mormon. We would be lost without it. I'm just about to finish it again and then I'll be starting it over once again.

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Goff

The District

I Ain't Even Scared!

Juan

Golfing Today