Cayson

Cayson

Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 5 Sebring

Another week down. It was a good one too! We are teaching a lot of great people! We got a new Ward Mission Leader. His name is Preston and he is only 20 years old and has only been a member of the church for 6 months! This past week he came teaching with us 3 times for the entire day each time! I have never seen someone so converted to the gospel. He came from a pretty rough life but now is working on his mission papers. It's pretty crazy!
 
Judeler is doing great. We moved his baptism date to June 10th to give him time to quit drinking coffee and when we met with him he hadn't drank it in over 4 days! We had a lesson with him on Thursday where he brought a bunch of friends. We set baptism dates with them too for June 24th. Their names are Djephsondy "Jeff" and Zoe (not sure what his real name is ha). We also found another part member family a couple weeks ago and challenged the nonmember husband to read the Book of Mormon. Well we taught him Wednesday and he is already to Mosiah so he is loving it. His name is Gildardo and his wife's name is Lady.
 
Of course the best part of the week was Sunday. I got to hear from my family! I'm so blessed to have the family I do. And especially the mother that I do. As the 2,000 young warriors of the Nephites were asked to face the Lamanites army they said the didn't fear because they had been taught by their mothers not to doubt. As they acted on the faith which their mothers helped them gain, they defeated the army of the Lamanites without a single one of them dying. I feel like a modern day stripling warrior being taught to have great faith by my Mother.
 
I hope you all have a great week!
 
Elder Goff
 
Fishing this morning
 


Exchanges with Elder Thomas