Cayson

Cayson

Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 28 Daytona Beach

Hey everyone! It was another great week here in the sunshine state. We did a lot of exchanges this week. Monday night I went to Deltona where we biked and just worked our butts off all day. Pretty sure we knocked over 100 doors that day! It was hot but it was super nice to be able to buckle down and do some work. 

Thursday we went and blitz an area so Elder Hawkins and I both went and served in the other Elders area. We had some pretty cool miracles. They are teaching an awesome guy who is being baptized soon! It was a ton of fun. Then I went on another exchange Saturday with one of my former companions Elder Dummer! He served with me here in Daytona about 3 months ago! I sure miss that guy and I learned so much from him. It was good to go back to the good old days. We had a sweet miracle in the morning. A random member from Tampa called us and said that a couple of her friends were in the hospital in Daytona from a motorcycle accident and they needed a blessing. We met up there with the member and gave the blessing and taught them about the gospel. They were humbled and were in tears throughout the blessings. They want missionaries to come over as soon as they get back home! The Lord truly does know his sheep and has a purpose for everything. 

So some interesting news. Elder Hawkins will be leaving me this week. Elder Curl will be my new companion just for a few weeks. Elder Curl hurt his ankle so he needs to be in an area where there is a car (Daytona). I'm pretty excited for Elder Curl to come but I am sad hat Elder Hawkins will be leaving me.

Our investigators are doing super well. The one who is progressing the most is a kid named Nick. He is being baptized on April 15th! I'm so pumped! We found him about a month ago because he was sitting out on his porch and we decided to talk to him. He has a member friend in Utah who reads with him and always gives him advice. We asked why he wanted to meet with us and he said he just wanted to start a new life! I would never give up these few short years for anything. I was thinking about the thing that has changed the most of the past couple years and I would have to say that it has been my perspective. Life is not about me. I see things in a completely different way now than I used to. I try to see things the way God sees things! 

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." 

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Goff

Elder Dummer and Jed

Elder Curl