Cayson

Cayson

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 25 Daytona Beach

What a week. It was packed with the spirit! We didn't have a whole lot of time to do stuff because we had a ton of meetings but it's all good.Tuesday was transfers which is always a busy day. Thankfully neither of us got transferred! Wednesday we went to a district meeting,Thursday we had a meeting in Orlando, Friday we got to go to the temple and also we had another meeting with some other missionaries to plan out a Zone meeting next week. Saturday we had another meeting with the District Leaders in our zone. It was crazy! It's pretty cool though because although we only had a short time to work, the Lord helped us out and we were able to set 3 more baptism dates. I would say that is one of my favorite parts of my mission: being able to recognize that I am just an instrument for the Lord to carry out His work. 

The temple on Friday was amazing!!! It was as if I was re-calibrating myself. Ever since then I have been more focused and more determined. I also asked a lot of questions about life and missionary work. What a Sacred place. Unfortunately we only get to go twice a year :/ I can't wait until I can go once a week!

Our investigators are doing well. We set a baptism date with a cool guy named Johnny. He is such a stud! Every time we go over there he cooks us up some fried chicken. We had a lesson with him on Tuesday where we went in knowing we were going to set a date with him. We taught him about faith, repentance, and baptism. The spirit led the lesson because Elder Hawkins and I were asking the perfect questions at the perfect time. We asked, "Do you have faith in Jesus Christ?" -Yes "Do you know what it means to repent?" - Yes "Then will you follow the example of your Savior and be baptized?" The Spirit reeled the room as he pondered on he question. He then looked at us and said, "I guess that would make sense if I were so yes I will. What do I need to do to be ready?" My favorite thing to hear! He is getting baptized on April 2nd. The mission is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I wish I could do this for the rest of my life.

I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Goff