Cayson

Cayson

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 25 Orlando - Conway East

This week was one of the most eventful of my mission. First off, I am being transferred tomorrow morning. We are leaving first thing in the morning. I still don't know completely where I am going but I have a pretty good idea. Our mission is taking a big chunk out of the tampa and fort Lauderdale missions. We are getting a whole new stake and the rumor is that I am going down there to open up an area. I am super excited about it because it's suppose to be really rural. I will be serving somewhere around Lake Okeechobee to Sebastian which is suppose to be really good fishing. We are getting 8 missionaries from the fort Lauderdale mission as well. Should be a change from Conway anyways haha. I can't believe that I have spent 1/4 of my mission here in Conway. It's a great place but I'm ready to leave just to have a change. The people here are amazing though! I have definitely made some lifetime friends.

We had a lot of highlights this week. We got another Companion (we are now in a trio until tomorrow) His name is Elder Coley. He's from American Fork Utah and is a stud! I wish I could be companions with him longer. He came out the same time I did and will leave the same time as me and we are both going to be attending SUU (most likely anyways) 

Wednesday, we were biking around and ran into this guy named Hector. Aparently he has met with missionaries in the past for a whole year but never got baptized! We talked with him about baptism and he said that it is something that he really wants to do. I'm super excited for this area. haha figures I'm leaving when so many things start happening. 
 
So another highlight of the week was going on a temple tour with Jennifer and Julian! It was the coolest thing ever. Julian wants to get baptized so bad! There baptism is on the 23 of this month... after I leave haha. Man I almost wish I could stay. We had a great time at the temple and got a lot of cool pictures. Temple tours are the best! 

Also another cool thing we did this week happened New Year's Eve. It was my 6 month mark so what we do to celebrate it is burn a tie. It was so fun haha. It was also elder coley's 6 month mark. 
Well I love you all! 
Elder Goff




 
6 month mark - Burning the TIE!


Me, Elder Gale, Jason, Elder Coley