Cayson

Cayson

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 2 Lake Placid

I can't believe another week has already come and gone! Time flies. It  was a great week! I had a lot of spiritual experiences. On Wednesday  we had a member of the seventy, Elder Maynes, come and give a zone conference. He gave a great talk last General Conference. Anyways, it  was awesome! He talked about how we need to "have more faith than  fear." Looking back on my life I see a lot of times where I let my  fear overtake my faith. When we put our faith first we see miracles.  Elder Maynes also talked a lot on goals. There's a quote from an old  philosopher that says, "The greater danger for most of us lies not in  setting our goals to high and missing our mark, but in setting our  goals too low and lacking the work."

Yesterday on Sunday I also had the opportunity to watch an area  conference which was broadcasted to our chapel. They talked a lot on  what we need to do to endure to e end. Elder Clayton from the 70 said,  "Don't be tape measure Mormons (those who measure how wide the  straight and narrow path to see how far out they can go). Rather we  need to walk in the center of the path." Between these 2 conferences I  learned a lot!

Haha I had a really funny experience this week also. Elder Rowley and  I were doing some service for an elder lady. I was pulling vines out  of her trees. There was one vine that was stuck in there pretty good,  so I turned my head to prevent stuff from getting in my eyes and
yanked on it. It finally came but it wasn't alone. Something hairy nailed me right in my gut and knocked the wind out of me! When I  looked down to see what it was I saw a raccoon! A stupid raccoon  jumped out of the tree at me and knocked the wind out of me! Before I  could get my breath back and react, he was gone into the bushes! Haha  it was hilarious!

Well the weather this week was alright up until Sunday morning. At  about 3 in the morning a storm that had a bunch of tornado warnings  rolled in (I slept through most of it) but it was a freak wind/rain  storm. At 5:30am The wind started to pick up. Elder Rowley woke me up
and we looked outside to see branches flying everywhere and down  poring rain. It was the worst storm I have ever been in! The wind was  clocked to be over 70 mph! We called a member to make sure there  wasn't any tornados headed our way. Thankfully there wasn't. It was pretty cool though haha. I hear that the tornadoes here are pretty  week anyways so there's not a lot to worry about.

The best part of this week was the people we met. We finally got area book Wednesday which is the records the past missionaries have kept.  We have been working blind for about 1 1/2 weeks. So when we got this  we were able to pick up a few investigators. We met 3 different  families that are pretty interested. One's named John. He almost played football for the Washington Huskies but decided that family was more important. He is so prepared! Can't wait to see how it goes this week with him. I finally feel like we are starting to make some progress with this whitewashing.

Well I love you all! Something that I have been studying a lot of this week is hope. If we don't have hope then what do we have? I hope you all continue to hope for the best, then act on it and achieve the best.

Elder Goff


Christ Murals they found