Cayson

Cayson

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week 11 Sebring

This week was an eventful one. We saw a lot of success with our investigators and I also got to go to the temple for my departing temple trip. It's always nice to be able to do that.

An update on our investigators. Gildardo is doing awesome! He has been reading a lot and was super close to committing to baptism. We read Mosiah 18:10 with him which says, "If this be the desire of your heart, then what have ye against being baptized?" The spirit was powerful and testified to my heart and I know he felt it but he didn't quite accept it :/ eventually he will have that desire in him. We had a good lesson with Michael too. He opened up a lot to us and said that his goal is to one day go inside the Salt Lake City Temple. We explained that he would have to be baptized in order to do that and he said he knew that. Gildardo and Michael are the reason I am here in Sebring. They have become some of my best friends.

A missionary once told me that you go on your mission to find your friends. I know that all the people I have met from Orlando to Lake Placid, Clermont to Daytona Beach, and now Sebring are all the friends that I was suppose to find. The pas two years have been the best of my life. If you are on a mission, value it. The time you have left is sacred so don't waste it. If you haven't gone in a mission yet, go! I haven't regretted a second of it. It has changed me forever. I know this church is the Lord's kingdom here on earth. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ to the fullest and don't ever take it for granted because many people don't have it in their lives but we do.

I had the opportunity to go to the temple this past week. What a special and sacred place! I can't wait to be able to go more often! While in there pondering on my mission, the spirit touched my heart so powerfully. I don't cry very often but I will admit, I did this time! What a great experience that I will never forget.

I hope you all have a great week! See you all in a couple weeks!

Elder Goff

Our Temple Trip