Cayson

Cayson

Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 12 Sebring

Well it looks like this is it. I don't have a lot of time but I just want to share a few things I've learned from my mission. 
  1. The Book of Mormon is true. I know it is. It is as simple as that. There have been times where I doubted on my mission. I questioned why this is so hard. It's at those times that I fall to my knees and go back to the foundation of the gospel. I ask if the Book of Mormon is true and I receive and answer.
"33 And now, behold, because ye have tried the experiment, and planted the seed, and it swelleth and sprouteth, and beginneth to grow, ye must needs know that the seed is good.
34 And now, behold, is your knowledge perfect? Yea, your knowledge is perfect in that thing"
  1. Charity is the greatest of all gifts from God. We must view others in the perspective of Christ. "Walk with Christ" as President Eyring says it. I have come to love the people so much on my mission. They are not just random people, they are sons and daughters of God with the potential of becoming like Him! What a neat experience it has been to see this change in myself, a change of perspective.
"46...Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail--
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."
  1. I have learned that we must BECOME a disciple of Christ. We cannot just live the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the mindset that it is something we are suppose to do. We must seek to become rather than just seeking to do.
I am sad that I have to leave this great work. If any of you are deciding whether or not you should serve a mission, Go! It is worth every second of it. I wouldn't trade the experiences, the memories, or the miracles I have witnessed these past 2 years for anything in the world. 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life." I look forward to seeing a lot of you again in a few days! I hope the best for all! 

With Love,  Elder Goff

Bowling with the District