Cayson

Cayson

Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 30 Daytona Beach

This week was a bitter sweet one. I've got a lot of good news and bad news.  I guess first I will give the bitter part of the week. I am being transferred. I've been here in Daytona Beach do about 7 1/2 months and have met some lifetime friends. Can't wait to come back and visit! 

The sweet part is that I am going to Sebring! That is in the same district as Lake Placid which was one of my past areas. I'll be able to go on exchanges and visit some sweet members and also my recent converts there!!! Man I miss that place so much so I'm super stoked that I get to finish my mission there! My new companion will be Elder McKee. I actually have been in a few exchanges with him so I'm excited about that too. Mission life is great!

The other good news is that Nick passed his interview for baptism. He will be baptized Saturday at 5:00. Unfortunately Sebring is over 3 hours away from their so I won't get to be there for it :/ I'm going to ask the President Clark if I can Skype in for it. We also went a date with a family last week. Their names are Latoya, Nikita, and Archero and will be baptized on May 28th. Also Johnny is doing really well. We are going to reset his date for baptism tonight, then I leave tomorrow morning. Its such a good feeling to see so much happening here and I'm pretty sad I have to leave it all. But the Lord is calling me to another Promised Land. 

I was doing some pondering this week on miracles. Just as Mormon teaches us in Moroni 7, "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven?... And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." Miracles have not ceased and I know without a doubt that as we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ by excercising our faith and repenting daily, we will see miracles and angels will minister to us. I have witnessed way too many miracles for this church to not be true. 

I hope all of you have a great week and take the time to recognize the miracles in your life each day.

Elder Goff
Nick
Johnny
Huertas Family
Hunter

Jed

Fishing behind our apartment