Cayson

Cayson

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 19 Daytona Beach

 
I know I say it a lot but I still cannot believe how fast time is flying by. I still feel like I just got out of the MTC! I guess it's true when people say time flies when your having fun. Especially here in the Promised land of Florida.

My new companion, Elder Hawkins is a stud! We are a lot alike. He came out on a mission 6 weeks after I did. He's from Orem Utah and comes from a family of 8. He also loves basketball so of course you know what that means. Since he just came from my last area we have had plenty to talk about. Good old Clermont seems to be holding up pretty well. I sure miss that place. 

Unfortunately Jimbo dropped us this week. We talked to him about some requirements  for baptism namely the word of wisdom and I guess he couldn't handle it. Agency is so hard to deal with sometimes. It breaks my heart. However, Brandie is still doing well. We haven't been able to get her to come to church yet. So if you guys would like to pray for that, it would sure help. Diente is doing well also. Unfortunately he didn't come to church either. It's a struggle! We did have a super cool with Diente though. We taught him about how to repent and then at the end he said a kneeling prayer pleading for God to help him change so that he could get baptized. The spirit was so strong. At the end he said he feels like he is already a member of our church and he hasn't even been to church yet! His date to be baptized is the 19th of February.

The other investigator who we have been teaching a lot is a kid named Hunter. He is a lot like me. His mom is a member and his cousin was just baptized in another ward. He is a lot like me so it's super cool. He said he wants to get baptized in march.

"21...Now is the time to repent, for the day of salvation draweth nigh;

22 Yea, and the voice of the Lord, by the mouth of angels, doth declare it unto all nations; yea, doth declare it, that they may have glad tidings of great joy...
23 ...and this because of our being wanderers in a strange land; therefore, we are thus highly favored, for we have these glad tidings declared unto us in all parts of our vineyard."

What a privilege it is to be declaring repentance to these people being a wanderer in this strange land of Daytona. And what a privilege it is to have had these glad tidings declared unto me! I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Goff