Cayson

Cayson

Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 18 Daytona Beach

 
This week was pretty normal. We picked up a lot of cool people to teach also. All of our investigators are doing well. Jim was a little sick so we didn't meet with him much but we ha had a lot of great lessons with everyone else. 

Some big news is that transfers are this week. Elder Dummer is leaving to go whitewash a Spanish area. :/ I'm pretty bummed that he is leaving. We got along pretty well. However I'm excited for ,y new companion. My new companion will be Elder Hawkins. He is actually coming from my last area so we will have a lot to talk about. I hear he is a great missionary.
Our days have been packed recently. We went on splits twice this week where Elder Dummer went with a member and I went with another because we had too many scheduled lessons. The work here is great! I hope I never leave! I would say the biggest miracle this week came Wednesday. We have been teaching a kid who is the only member in his family. He has been praying real hard that his family would listen to us. Well we finally got it worked out so we could do so. It was the coolest experience because we got to witness this kid teach his parents about the restored gospel. He bore his testimony to them and they couldn't deny it! As we explained how he Book of Mormon came from ancient American prophets the fathers eyes lit up. He said he has been searching for hat his whole life. The fathers wife only speaks Spanish so as soon as he learned this he started speaking to her in Spanish with a sense of urgency! Walking out of that house and seeing the excitement on this kids face because his family has started to accept the restored gospel witnessed to me again that there is no other place I would be than here in Daytona Beach serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Well I love you all. Hope you have a great week this week!

Elder Goff
GRANDPA - Vic