Cayson

Cayson

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 24 Clermont

Wow this week was crazy! At least these last few days. So I'll start off with the transfer doctrine. I got a call Saturday morning from President Clark about a new assignment he has for me. I'm going to Daytona Beach and I'm going to be the zone leader for that zone. I'm really excited for it! In the whole 14 months I have been here in Florida I have never seen the beach. Before my mission I think I've only seen the beach once or twice so now I get to go serve right off the beach. It's going to be great. The only bad part is that Elder White is getting transferred to so they will be whitewashing (when both missionary's leave and 2 new ones replace them) this area! It must be a new thing our mission president is doing because he has done it to a few different areas around the mission. It's stressful because now we have to write out a bunch of specific notes for each person we see.

The worst part of transfers is saying goodbye to everyone and knowing you probably won't see a lot of them again. I have made some lifetime friends here in Clermont for the 6 months I've been here. I was reflecting back on some things that have happened here in Clermont since I've been here and I know that the Lord had a specific plan for me by coming here.

So some exciting news! Leon, the guy we met 2 weeks ago, committed to be baptized on October 22! He is talking to his boss about getting Sundays off so he can come to church. Leon said that he should be able to come in a couple weeks. Other than that he already lives all of the commandments and seems to already know the Book of Mormon is true! I'm so excited for him! It was pretty ironic because he hadn't been reading but then he went over to his friends house who just happened to be someone I had taught a few months ago and saw a Book of Mormon sitting in the table. Neither had read it so hey decided to sit down and read it together. So not only did he read it, but he got one of our formers to read it too! That was a smart move by the Lord ;)

I got an opportunity last night to go stop by the Miltons. They seemed to be doing a lot better! Sister Milton talked he whole time about how she still wants to get baptized. However, she said she wants to wait until I come back to visit after my mission to get baptized because she wants me to baptize her. Haha I was like, "Woah! Hold on! How about you get baptized ASAP and I will come back for when you and your husband go through the temple!" I hope that's the case. I think they will get baptized for sure within the next year.

Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing week. In church yesterday they talked about having holy habits. I can't even tell you how much a simple study of the scriptures every day has changed me. So make daily scripture study a holy habit. Love you all and I'll keep you posted next week on how Daytona is!

Elder Goff