Cayson

Cayson

Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 23 Clermont

We had a lot of ups and downs this week. It was probably the hardest week of my mission yet one of the best. A lot changed this week. It's been pretty cool this week which is a blessing!

So I guess I'll start with the bad news. Monday night we got a call from our mission president saying that we will have to postpone the Miltons baptism due to some issues with the interview. My heart sunk when I heard that. Now Elder White and I were placed in a pretty sticky situation. Thursday we went over to let them know the news and they didn't take it very well at all. They called the entire baptism off! :( I literally couldn't function anymore after that. It was terrible. I have come to love those guys so much and now they don't want to be baptized anymore! It's so hard to get over! It tore my heart apart when they told me. Thursday was definitely the worst day of my mission. So if you could include the Miltons in your prayers that would be great!

Thursday night we had Hurricane Hermine come through. It was a hurricane only for a few hours until it turned back to a tropical storm. We just got the outskirts of it so it was mostly just rain. But everything is soaked and semi flooded now. The hurricane was suppose to get here Thursday night and stay until Friday night. Well Friday morning we had our semiannual temples trip. We woke up at 5am to a crap ton of rain but that didn't stop us! We got to the temple and inside you literally couldn't tell there was even a storm outside. I was in the storm but not of the storm. So now I can say that I've been to the temple in a hurricane!

I had exchanged with the Minneola elders this week. I went with Elder Satchwell again. He is the elder who was my MTC comp. Their car was in the shop getting fixed that day and if you know anything about Minneola and Clermont, they are literally one of the only places in Florida with hills. I know it's hard to believe but the hills are pretty wickedly steep too! They seemed a lot steeper on bikes too. I enjoyed it though. It was the first time I had to ride a bike in 9 months.

I also went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this week. It was pretty funny because we had to help this lady out with cleaning all of her chicken coops. The Zone Leaders had a Chinese had in their apartment so I wore that to go clean the chicken coops. After cleaning one I decided to chase down a chicken and catch it so I could let it. I was sitting there petting it and it dawned on my of how stupid I must have looked. I was wearing a Chinese straw hat, holding a chicken, petting it, and an old lady's house. Wish I could have got a picture, LOL.

Something I learned this week is that life isn't always going to be easy. It's not always going to be smooth sailing to the end. God has different plans for each of us that We don't always understand. No matter what it is, we must endure through it and make the most of it. Larry Bird one said, "Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds."

Love you all and hope you a have a great week!

Elder Goff


Biking while on exchanges. We beat the storm back home by about 30 seconds!