Cayson

Cayson

Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 11 Daytona Beach

This week was another good one here in the Promised Land of Florida!  Especially because it was Thanksgiving week! Oh man I have been dieting ever since Thanksgiving. I gained about 5 lbs so I've been working hard to get back to normal haha. We get fed pretty well here.

So Thanksgiving. First we went over to Elder and Sister Corders (Senior couple missionaries) house for lunch at 12:00. It was a blast! Then at 3:00 we had lunch with an investigator and our good friend Grandpa. I was feeling pretty sick by that time! Well that wasn't the end of it. We went to another member in the Ward, Brother Ahrens, for a couple more pieces of pie and icecream. We had a competition in the zone to see who could gain the most weight. I thought I was doing pretty well until I found out that another Elder gained 17lbs! Not sure if that is 100% true or not but either way, that's a lot of food!

Our investigator Tekeam is doing really well! He unfortunately was not able to come to church yesterday so we are now going to have to push his date back until Dec. 11. If you could all pray for him to make that date it would be great! He is still a boss though. Because he is only 17 we had to get permission from his parents. Well that all worked out well so we are good to go! Unfortunately Elder Reeves will not be here for it. He goes home the week of the baptism! Oh well I guess.

I also had the opportunity to do a service project in the International Speedway this week! We were helping out with a fundraiser by selling hot dogs. The event that was going on there is called the Turkey Rod Run. It's the biggest car show in the US with over 7,000 cars! They are mostly antiques. It was a good time!

I was studying some scriptures this week and found a cool verse in
Jacob 4:10. "Seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand."
We must submit our will to the Lord and take his counsel rather than counseling the Lord. I have found that on my mission it is impossible to get anything done and accomplish any goals if you don't take counsel from the Lord first.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! There is a cool Christmas video that came out just barely called Light the World. If you go to Mormon.org you can't miss it. Share it also!
#Lighttheworld

Elder Goff