Cayson

Cayson

Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 3 Daytona Beach

It was another great week in Daytona! We're still seeing a lot of success! We didn't have as much time this week to teach though because we had a ton of meetings. I'm not complaining because they were all great! 

In Wednesday we went to a district meeting and Elder Acevedo and I got invited to give a quick training on whatever we felt prompted to on the spot! We referenced a scripture in the Bible about how Jesus Christ would be "rejected by men." We then had an elder come up and go around the room inviting all the missionaries to learn the gospel. We told each of the missionaries to give this elder the hardest rejection of his life. It was awesome and got everyone excited. After everyone rejected him we read a scripture in D&C that talked about how we need to continue going strong even tough we may get rejected. We also read 2 Nephi 2:25 which talks about how we are here on his earth to have joy. It was definitely memorable!
It was pretty ironic because after we gave that training, we got to experience it for ourselves. We knocked on a door and had a pretty odd turn away. The lady was like, "you guys are handsome, but no." Then she shut the door. Haha it was bitter sweet. As we were walking back down the driveway to our car, a random drunk guy started staggering over to us hollering random things. I leaned over to Elder Acevedo and was like, "this is about to get wild!" It was too! He tried Bible bashing with us but it made no sense. We need up just getting in our car and driving off. Some people are crazy. It was a humbling experience as well because it reminded me of how lucky I am to be involved in this gospel.

Conference was AMAZING! I don't think I have ever received so much revelation at one time. I had a question I went into conference with: How can I strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Elder Uceda talked about the importance of praying sincerely from the heart rather than just going through the motions with your lips. Elder Bednar talked about how we come to know the Father by knowing His Son. He gave us 4 ways to increase our relationship with the Savior. I loved this conference!

All of our investigators are doing great; therefore, I am doing great :) I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Goff