Cayson

Cayson

Monday, August 22, 2016

Week 21 Clermont

I'm getting to the point in my mission where I feel like every week in my weekly I say the same thing. It's almost like déjà vu. First off as always, the weather has been normal. Which means it's been crazy. It rains every afternoon which is pretty nice because it cools it off a bit but then it makes the humidity stink.

So we were suppose to have a baptism coming up this Saturday with Ray and the Miltons but we got to their house to do the interviews and one of them had drank coffee that morning, another was smoking as we pulled up, and one of the, was at a friends house so we were only 1 for 4 and he wasn't going to get baptized without the rest of his family so we moved the date to September 10th. It was pretty frustrating but I mean they have come a long ways! Sister Milton used to smoke 3 packs a day when I first met her and now she hasn't smoked in 2 weeks! Coffee is a little harder for her though. She's almost there. They are still enthusiastic and determined to get baptized! Unfortunately they didn't come to church yesterday either. We went over right after church and Ray was sitting there but the rest of them were gone. Ray has had a lot of concerns and questions that we haven't been able to answer because we've always met with them all at the same time. Well yesterday we finally got to sit down and answer them. He said he is torn between our church and another church. After some discussion we figured out the problem was that he hasn't been praying. We taught him how to say a prayer. The spirit was so strong! After the prayer, Ray looked up with tears in his eyes and said, I feel something. I know he is here with us! Experiences like these make going on a mission worth every second of it!

I'm not sure if you guys remember Aveon or not but he is a 17 year old kids who is really good friends with a priest in our ward. We were teaching him before school got out and even had a baptism date set with him but then he had to leave to his mothers for the summer. I didn't think I would be able to see him again because I didn't think I would be in Clermont this long. Well I got word that he is back! We talked to his friend and they are planning to come play basketball with is today! I'm so excited!

Well we got some bad news last night. I had a pair of pants on my floor next to my bed so I picked them up to go put them away and I noticed something suspicious on it. It was.... man this is terrible!... A Bedbug!!! :( Last transfer we spent 2 weeks out of our house trying to get those suckers cleaned out! We even moved to a new apartment! It was so stressful. And now we are about to do it again!!!! Uhh one thing I have learned on my mission is that bed bugs are literally of the devil. They slow down the work and stress you out like mad. I deep cleaned all my clothes and our apartment this morning. Not sure what's going to happen yet because we haven't told anyone about them yet. Thankfully I have only been able to find one bedbug even though I searched out entire bedroom cleaning and looking for them. So if you could include in your prayers that bedbugs go extinct that would be fantastic.

Yesterday in church they talked a lot about the importance of families and how they are eternal. It made me reflect on my family. I have been so blessed to grow up in the family that I have. I've seen so many torn up families here in Florida and it breaks my heart. We really take for granted being able to have a roof over our heads with parents and siblings there for us. It truly is a blessing.


Well I love you all and hope you have a great week as always!

Elder Goff


The Miltons gave us some banana's from their tree. Not what you would expect them to look like.