Cayson

Cayson

Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 20 Clermont

Another week has come and gone. It's crazy how time flies. Honestly not a whole lot happened this week. It was just a smooth sailing week. The weather was nice too. It cooled off to about 75 which is about jacket weather to me! It felt so nice!

On Thursday we had to make a trip into Orlando to the mission office. On the way there you have to drive on a road called OBT (Orange Blossom Trail) which is the craziest road in Florida I'm pretty sure. I know people who purposely avoid OBT and won't even get near it. Anyways, so I was driving down OBT and got in the left turning lane to turn. After the light turned green, this crazy guy driving a big dump truck decided he needed to get into the turning lane also. The only problem was that I was in it and he didn't know that. He started to drift into the turning lane right into me! I swerved into he oncoming traffic lane (there weren't any cars coming because the oncoming light was red) and laid in the horn! It didn't even faze him! It was crazy! Anyways, so I get by this guy and make the turn and for some reason this oh her crazy guy decides to walk across the road right in front of me. I honked and hit my brakes. I felt like I was driving in New York! We made it safely though. Some Florida drivers just don't know how to drive.

Most of our investigators are doing pretty well. The Miltons have their interview coming up this week and are still set for their baptism on the 27th. We had a few really good lessons with them this week! Sister Milton also referred us to her mother-in-law. Unfortunately she lives outside of our boundaries. Still really cool! We have been working a lot with referrals recently.

Yesterday was stake conference and Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer came and spoke! He gave a talk in October conference of last year about how we need to let the Clerion Trumpet sound. He is a great speaker. This time her talked to us about how the Book of Mormon is true. He explained how here is no possible way that it isn't. Joseph Smith translated it in 90 days with a 4th grade education, and the Book of Mormon holds the secret to everything in life. It teaches us how to be better families. It teaches us how to feel the spirit more. It teaches us how we can have eternal life. Another thing he said that was really cool was, "Members of his church believe more in the bible than any other religion because the bible testifies of Christ and we have the Book of Mormon to solidify our testimonies in Christ. Therefore we should have a stronger faith in the Bible than any other religion." I have come to appreciate the Book of Mormon so much on my mission. I know without a doubt that it is true because there is no way it is not true! I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again and now these past couple weeks they have really focused on another challenge to us... Read the Book of Mormon again. It never gets old and you learn so much from it each time you read it.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Goff