Cayson

Cayson

Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 12 Clermont

I received this email from a member in my son’s ward, wow!  I always knew he would be an amazing missionary – very proud mom!

Dear Brother and Sister Goff,

I am in the ward that Elder Goff is now serving. In my various callings in the church I have worked closely with missionaries for nearly 20 years. In those twenty years I often come across good missionaries yet rarely come across great missionaries.  Elder Goff is a GREAT missionary. He is blessing and uplifting our ward. He has blessed and uplifted my family.  Elder Goff is a hard worker with a great and happy personality. His testimony and dedication are indicative of “Goodly Parents”.  I love Elder Goff. I do not look forward to the day he will be transferred.  Thank you for raising such a great missionary. You can be proud. With Love and Gratitude.

 
Now on to Elder Goff’s weekly update.  Sorry I am so bad at keeping this updated timely J.

 
This week was amazing! First off, transfer doctrine. Elder Breeden is leaving! :( I'm pretty sad about it because this last transfer has been awesome! We had a lot of success together so it's hard to see him go. He will be headed over by Melbourne on the beach so I'm excited for him. My new companion will be Elder White. He has been out for about 6 months but other than that I don't know a whole lot about him. I'm excited to see how it goes.

We saw a lot of miracles this past week. Probably the highlight of the week was going to do baptisms for the dead with our recent convert, Natalie. She got baptized a few weeks ago. It was AMAZING! Not sure if you guys remember Nelson or not, but he is the guy who we baptized in about a week and a week later he passed away. Well this week his granddaughter Natalie was baptized for Nelson's wife. I can't even begin to describe the feeling we all felt being able to witness it. I sat there for over an hour that night just processing everything I have witnessed on my mission. I don't have a doubt in my mind that this is the Lords work and it is such a privilege to be part of it. There is absolutely nothing that compares to these 2 years! I wouldn't trade them for anything.

So something funny that happened this week. I'm sure you all remember that crazy old German lady from last week who chewed us out for no reason at all. Well we went back this week to try to visit that less active who lives right next to her. It was just like we were on a mission to save this persons soul but we couldn't be seen by this lady. We went to park in front of the less  actives house when the German lady walked out! I stuck it in reverse and got out of there. We parked just around the corner and said a mighty prayer that we would be able to get past this lady without her seeing us. We had some cookies with us that we planned to give to the less active. We got out of the car and creeped up to the corner and saw the German lady out working in her yard. When she ducked her head to pull weeds, we would make a run for the next hiding place.  I felt like we were behind enemy lines! We got right next to the less actives house which was about 20 yards from this Crazy lady. We had a big open area we had to run through to get to the door. After taking a deep breath, Elder Breeden and I made a dash for it! She didn't see us! It was a miracle. We knocked on the less actives door but there was no answer
😐. We were just out of this crazy German ladies view who was next door. I turned to elder Breeden and was like, "Let's go give these cookies to the crazy lady's." After making him shake on it we walked right out in the open and straight up to the crazy German lady! When she turned around I thought she was going to blow up!! Before she got a word out we said we were sorry and wanted to bring cookies by to apologize. God must have been there with us because she accepted the apology (even though we had neighing to apologize for). She got super happy and we actually told her a little bit about what we do. She even gave us a sucker for the road. Who would have ever thought the crazy old German lady who chewed us out a week ago could soften her heart enough to give us a sucker. #tendermercies

We met a guy named Kasonn this week. He says his name like "case - on" really weird to say because mine is "case - in" haha anyways, this guy is one of the most solid people I have met in my life! He just came here from New Jersey. We met with him on Saturday with a member and his face lit up when the member offered to give him a ride to church! It was so awesome! He came to church yesterday and absolutely loved it! During priesthood he stood up and  introduced himself. He said, "this is my first time and I've really liked it so far. The people are all super nice and I'm planning on coming a lot more." Such a stud. After church we had a lesson with him and set a baptism date for July 30th! He is also coming to play some basketball with us today. Super excited for him. The rest of our investigators are doing good also. We met with the Wilton's again and they are solid still.

Well that's about my week. I hope you all have a great time! Remember to keep the people here in Orlando in your prayers. The shooting last week really rocked everyone here. It's super tough on everyone. We are teaching a guy who had 5 friends affected from it.

Love you all and thanks for all you do!

Baptism for Dead with the Barnes Family!

Elder Breeden

My District - I made Crepes!