Cayson

Cayson

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 11 Clermont

















Another great week in he promised land! I can't believe the way time flies. It's already the last week of my 2nd transfer (3 months) here in Clermont and it seems like I just got here. I have already almost been out for a year... O.o I guess when people say time flies when your having fun it's true.
 
Our main focus this week was to find someone ready to hear the gospel and prepare for baptism. Since Natalie got baptized we have had no body work with. We prayed and fasted super hard for people who we could help. We didn't find any new people but we still had a super awesome experience with a family we were working with but dropped a month or so ago. We dropped this family because we lost contact with them and they literally live clear out like 15 miles in the boonies. Well it just so happened that we were headed down in that direction this week. We had originally planned to leave them alone for a while but as we were heading back from our appointment, we felt prompted to make a detour to see them. It sure is a good thing we did because we met up with them and it turns out the husband of the family accidentally ran over the phone cable with his lawn mower so they didn't have any service! We sat down with a member there and had a super powerful lesson ending with a commitment for the Milton family to get baptized! They prayed and set their own date for August 30! (long ways out but they need to overcome some issues) In the past they were super flakey and couldn't keep an appointment or make it to church. This Sunday they were super sick but we're so committed that they came anyways!

We had a crazy instance with a guy named Kevin that we are teaching. This guy was a referral for himself a few weeks back. We thought he was a member but it turns out he is not. He is down for baptism but we are trying to decide if that is the right thing for him. His guy is literally the craziest guy I have ever met! He could talk for 5 hours straight on no specific topic of you didn't cut him off! He told me how he wants me to help him save the world by owning all the banks in the world. Doesn't even make sense but hey, we have to give him a chance I guess. It is just super difficult haha. Not sure if he has all the nuts and bolts screwed in all the way in his head.

We med another person this week who was super crazy too. So Elder Breeden and I had planned to go check up on a less active in this "non soliciting" neighborhood. We parked the car in front of her house and said a prayer doing the normal routine. After getting out of the car and heading for the house. I heard someone yell, "Are you kidding me!! You guys are back again!" I turned around and this old lady with hardly any clothes on was coming right at us! It was the less actives neighbor who I had never seen in my life. This lady had a German accent which made it even funnier. I could tell where this was going, and in all honestly I just started laughing. She rambled on for 5 minutes straight about how much she hates Mormons and us especially. She told us we need to go to Timbuktu and preach to all the people there
😂
You would think I would be mad or frustrated but I couldn't stop laughing because it was just a hilarious situation. We finally just cut her off and told her we would just come back later. If I wasn't wearing a name tag with the name of Christ on it I might have went about the situation differently but we just brushed it off and kept going.

In church today we talked a lot on out the Holy Ghost and his role in our lives. If there is something I have come to learn on my mission, it is that you must rely on the Holy Ghost in everything you do. He directs us to find people to teach, he bares testimony of Christ and His Gospel in lessons, he protects us from all the crazy German ladies we meet, and above all, he is our constant friend. I could never ask for a greater gift than to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. That along side the atonement are the 2 greatest gifts we will ever be given!

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week and especially all the Fathers with Father's Day next Sunday!


Elder Goff