Cayson

Cayson

Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 9 Clermont

This was a crazy week hear in the promised land! I had a lot of once in a lifetime experiences. First off as always, the weather has been nice his week. It's starting to get more humid which I'm getting used to. In all honesty I like all the humidity. Unfortunately it's also getting hot. This week it stayed in the 80's and next week it's suppose to rain a bunch so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will cool off a bit.

This week I was able to practice my español a bit. We had a member family sign up to feed us who don't even speak English! We both knew it would be super awkward but we just accepted it. When we got there they had us sit down and eat. I can understand a little spanish and they can understand a little English. We just didn't know how to speak it. It was actually really cool! We got to know them super well. Not sure how but we did. We were even able to share a spiritual message with them. I had a video on my iPad that was downloaded in Spanish so we shared that and it all worked out. When there is a will, there is a way.

We have been praying super hard this week for someone to teach that will be solid. Because after this week when Natalie is baptized, we won't have anyone on date for baptism. Wednesday night we stopped by a former investigator who seemed like they might be good. Missionaries hadn't been by here in over a year and a half. We knocked and this kid came to the door. He seemed like a nice kid. We started talking to him and he was actually super interested so we came back on Saturday and met the mom. We just simply talked to her about what she hopes to accomplish and a little on her family. It was one of the most spiritual lessons on the spot I have ever had even though it was just simple. We explained why we were there and asked if we could come back and she said yes with tears in her eyes! It was such an amazing experience. We are going back tomorrow. Also we were sitting in church yesterday when we got a text saying that we had a media referral. (When someone refers them self or someone else through Mormon.org) It said he was golden and wanted to come to church. We stopped by that evening and talked with him. His name is Kelvin. We got talking and he said that he thinks he was baptized when he was young but doesn't remember. He also said that he knows that the lds church is the true church. He basically already has a testimony. So if he isn't already a member, he will be shortly haha. We are going to check and see if he has a record.

A fun experience I had is week was while I was on an exchange. So there are a few missionaries in our district who had to evacuate there apartment because it is infested with bed bugs! 😝 So now they are living with the other set of elders in the district. To say the least, exchanges were crazy with all 4 of us in the same apartment! Anyways, the mission office called them and said that we have a mission: "go into the infested apartment and trash all the beds, couches, and whatever else they could be hiding in because it is getting fumigated tomorrow." We got this news at 9 o'clock at night. We went in there and destroyed the place! By the time we were done the apartment was empty. It was disgusting! But now I can say, "I have fought a good a fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" -
2 Timothy 4:7.

Another funny experience happened during church. We were just about to start ward council. One of the members said a mighty prayer to start and right as he said amen, the fire alarm went off! Must have been a powerful prayer! We all sat there for a minute and had someone go check and see if there really was a fire. They came back with nothing but we left the building anyways. Not sure exactly what happened but the fire trucks pulled up sigh their sirens blaring and started running all over the church to check and see what was going on.

Within a few minutes they had figured out it was a false alarm. Still don't know what caused it to go off. But on the bright side, I got some cool pictures!








Well that's my week for you! I definitely saw the hand of the Lord in my week. He has been blessing us since I got here to Clermont with people to teach. In sacrament meeting, one of the youth gave a great talk. In it he said, "If you want to make a difference in this world, you must first be different from the world." If we work hard to be in the world but not of the world, we will find happiness and success.


Love all of you and hope you have a great week!