Cayson

Cayson

Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 6 Clermont

What a crazy week!! We saw so many miracles, but first off we got news for transfers. I'm staying and it turns out that I'm actually not going to be training this transfer and Elder Breeden is staying too! It was a big surprise because President Berry said I would be training in the near future so it must be next  transfer. I also found out that my MTC companion, Elder Satchwell, is going to be serving in our district which I am super excited about! I haven't seen him in a long time so that will be nice.

This week we were able to find a lot of people who were prepared. The best was a man named Mike. Mike referred himself through Mormon.org. He was Presbyterian but said that he didn't really like it much and now he is looking for a new religion. He really wanted a Book of Mormon. We shared e Restoration with him and he said that it just all made sense. He committed to be baptized if he could get his wife on board. His wife isn't really too religious though. Hopefully we can change that. It was so cool because this guy is a dentist and he offered to take us for a ride in his jet or go out boating with him. He also owns 2 cats that are allergy free cats. Their called Bengal cats and are half Bengal half house cat. It's a huge cat that is friendly but doesn't make you have allergies. Pretty awesome. Anyways, Mike texted and set up a time to feed us this Saturday so hopefully we can change his wife's mind then.

We are also teaching a kid named Aveon. We met him through a priest in the ward. They have been playing basketball with us on P-Days and I felt prompted last week to invite him to church. So last week he went to church and on Wednesday we were able to meet with him and commit him to be baptized on the 18 of June. He said he is super excited! We just need to get his family involved. Today we are going over to meet with his parents. We also met with the Wilton's again. They were suppose to come to church this week but never showed up so we will have to see what's up. They have a date set for the 25th of June. We are also meeting with. Guy named Jack (not his real name) who has a strong desire to be baptized but he is living with his girlfriend and about to have a kid. He is also on probation for 4 more years and you can't get baptized if you are on probation so this week we had to break the news to him. We showed up to the door and he met us outside with his Book of Mormon that he had been reading. He was super excited for the lesson. It broke my heart because I knew we had to tell him he news. We reviewed the Restoration and focused on the Book of Mormon because if anything will get him through these 4 years to Baptism it will be a testimony of the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson we were straight up honest with him. He said he understood and was okay with it. He said he will just go to church regularly until he can get baptized. It was such a relief to see the faith he had. I just hope he can stay strong!

Another miracle we had this week was with a less active we have been teaching. I'll call him John (again, not his real name). He has a huge problem with smoking weed. Most of it is from a bad friend that he has. On Wednesday, Elder Breeden and I went over and shared our testimonies of the Book of Mormon and this church. We told him straight up, "If you and your friend don't stop smoking weed, you will never make it to the Celestial kingdom!" It was probably a little harsh but he needed it! The spirit was so powerful! Right after the lesson we got him to through everything that had anything to do with weed at all away. It was such a relief. He also told his friend that he couldn't hang out with him anymore which was by his own choice. The funny part about this is that he told us that he is engaged to a lady from Texas. He showed us a picture and she looked like a model. He said he met her over Facebook a few days ago but had never talked to her or seen her in person! Crazy right! I guess that's our next goal with him, figure out whether his fiancé is a real person or not!

So as you all may now, last Wednesday was national Star Wars day. "May the Fourth" and because Star Wars is now a Disney thing, it was practically a holiday here. Everyone had Star Wars stuff on which was amazing! I dressed up as a Sith Lord with my red light saber and my Darth Vader tie. 😎 I got compliments on my tie all day long. It was a really good finding tool haha.

Of course out of all these miracles, the one that takes the cake was being able to talk with my family on Mother's Day. I hate bragging but sometimes I just have to tell the truth, I have the best family on this planet! I have been so blessed to grow up in a family like the one I have with a mother who has been by my side all my life! I took it for granted in the moment but now that I'm away and see how crucial a strong family is, I recognize how blessed I am. I can't help but think of Lehi and his family. Because that family had righteous parents, they were spared and lived good lives. Nephi recognized how blessed he was while Laman and Lemuel took it for granted. I will be eternally grateful for my Father in heaven having so much love for me to place me in my family. I hope you all recognize the blessings of families!

Love you! Elder Goff


 

May the 4th, Star Wars Day!




Made a captain Moroni Title of Liberty flag out of bamboo and a pillow case