Cayson

Cayson

Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 2 Clermont

This week was a pretty normal week. Nothing too crazy happened this week. The weather this week was about as perfect as it could get. I guess I take it for granted haha. I'm really starting to take a liking for Clermont. This Ward is crazy about missionary work! I love it! I honestly haven't ever seen anything like it before. Everyone is involved in the work.

So on Monday I woke up and for some strange reason I couldn't hear out of my right ear. I thought it would just fix itself so I didn't worry much about it and went on with my day. Every Time someone would talk to me, it seemed like it would echo in my head. This went on throughout the whole day so I decided I would wait and see if it would get better by the next. The next day I woke up and it was the same thing so I called the doc, but they couldn't get me in until later in the day. By this time it had gotten super annoying. In all of the lessons I had to focus really hard and turn my head TJ the side just so that I could hear! That night I finally got to the doctors and it took them forever to clean it out! It was the weirdest thing but hey, I can hear now.

So on Saturday Quay, TJ, and Ashanti from my last area in Lake Placid got baptized!!! I was given permission from my mission president to face time them after. It was so exciting! They are so happy about it! I asked them what they thought of it and they said it was cold. What makes your whole entire mission and even your life worth it is helping someone recognize what is missing in their lives and helping them change. There is nothing that has ever made me happier in my life than to be a part of a change in others that helps them come unto Christ with a desire to one day live with him again. There is nothing that has ever made me happier than to be a part of changing this families eternity. It makes sacrificing 2 years worth every second of it!

So we are working with quite a few people right now. Rabecca is getting baptized on the 30th of this month.  She started reading the Book of Mormon about 2 weeks ago and she just finished on Friday! I wish I could read it that fast haha. She is super excited about baptism too. We are also working with Natalie Barnes who we set a baptism date with for May 7. She is the daughter of a Recently baptized member. She's pretty excited about her baptism as well and should be ready in plenty of time. We also set a baptism date with another guy we found this week. His name is James. We set his date for May 28th. He has a few things he needs to work on but should be able to make that date. He also has really taken a liking to the Book of Mormon. We are also working with Natalie's grandpa. He's pretty sick right now and has surgery in a few weeks so we aren't sure how we are going to get him baptized but we will see with time. He wants to be baptized. This area definitely has a lot of potential!

Something I've really been focusing on a lot this week is prayer. There is so much power in prayer! Because there was a prayer said 2,000 years ago in the garden of Gethsemane, we now can be forgiven of all our sins and can live with God and our families forever. Because a 14 year old boy said a prayer in the sacred grove, we now have Jesus Christ's church restored on the earth again which show's us the pathway back to heaven. I would have to say prayer is pretty important and there is a lot of power in prayer.

Love y'all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Goff

Met a solid member who hunts and farms! We're going to get along
great. He shot 2 whitetail over 200 inches!




Tasha's Family Baptism