Cayson

Cayson

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 1 Clermont

Changes are always a good thing right? I'm now here in Clermont with my new companion Elder Breeden. I'm so excited to be here! This place has so much potential and so many great people. They also have a full Ward which will be nice. It was super hard to leave Lake Placid but I can tell this place will be just as good.

Something cool about Clermont is that it has hills. Out of all the areas in the mission, this place is supposed to be the one with the most hills around. Honestly it's really weird to me because I haven't seen much other than flat ground in a long time! It's going to be super weird when I go back to see mountains! The people here seem really nice too. Elder Breeden has only been here for a few weeks so he's still learning the area just as I am. Elder Breeden is from Vancouver Washington and he came out on his mission about 2 months after I did. He is a really funny guy, and I can tell that we are going to get along pretty well. Our district on the other hand is a little bit crazy. We went to a meeting with the district and I don't think we even accomplished anything because all they want to do is mess around. It made me a little frustrated but hopefully it was just the first of the transfer that was making them excited.

We did get a little bit of work done this week despite the fact that we had transfers and General Conference to take away some of our work hours. Elder Breeden and his past companion have been teaching this lady named Rabecca. We taught her a lesson in the Plan of Salvation this week them started to talk about baptism. She was super excited about it and we were even able to set a date. Because she is so far along already and is willing to do whatever it takes to be baptized, we set the date for April 30th! I'm super excited for her! It's going to be great. Other than that, we do t have too many other investigators so we have been doing a lot of finding recently.

Of course the highlight of the week besides Rebecca was General Conference. I never valued conference before I came out here in a mission but now I've come to realize how great it is. It's amazing how the speakers give talks and it speaks to each of us in separate ways. President Monson gave a great talk on making the right choices. He said, "May we chose the harder right rather than the easier wrong. If we choose Christ, we will be choosing the right path." Or at least something close to that. It reminds me of something my friend Colby always says. He say, "Choose Joy." It's simple, if you want to be happy then choose to be happy by doing what it takes to be happy. Another great talk was by Marvyn B. Arnold. He said there is a cure for cancer. It's called faith in the ressurection of Jesus Christ. We will all be cured of those impurities or illnesses at ressurection. Another that I liked was Elder Holland's. When he gets up to speak everybody gets super excited. When your on a mission General Conference is just like going to the theaters on the opening day to watch a moving you've been waiting so long to see and then you see it for the first time. That how we feel about conference. Especially when Elder Holland talks haha. Anyways, he said, "The 1st great truth is that God loves us with all his heart, might, mind, and strength. That is the founding truth of eternity." What else do you need to know? God loves you.

Well I hope you guys had just as good of a week as I did! If you weren't able to watch conference, I would go watch because it has some great stuff even though it may seem like some of the speakers could put you to sleep. Love you all!

Elder Goff

Last night in lake placid with Tasha's family. They are getting baptized is Saturday in Lake placid. Cool thing is that I got permission to skype them right after their baptism since I won't be there!



Look!  Clermont has a hill!