Cayson

Cayson

Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 7 Lake Placid

The weeks just keep getting better and better here in the promised land. It is so amazing to see the progression of both this area and also the people in it. I love being a part of a change. This week we were able to see a lot of miracles.

Our investigators are doing great...well for the most part. We had to drop a few people this week and unfortunately, one of them was Nate who was scheduled for baptism next month. He moved back in with his wife and kids which is great, but he said that he doesn't feel like he should meet with us anymore. It's really, really tough because I know that he felt the spirit so strong. He knew how great this gospel is but the adversary influenced him  in the wrong direction. This is probably the hardest part about missionary work. :/ On the bright side, we committed 2 more people to a baptism date! - Troy and Sadasia. They are our investigator Tasha's nieces. That whole family is on fire! We now have Tasha (mom), her 3 kids (Quay, Ashanti, and TJ), and her 2 nieces (Troy and Sadasia) committed to be baptized April 9th! I love those guys. They are such a tight family. Quay has improved the most. She is marking up her scriptures, studying everything we ask her to and even more, and she loves church.  Yesterday we had Quay, Ashanti, and TJ come to church. They all loved it again.

So I had a pretty funny experience this week. We were stopping by Tasha and the family when we saw a bunch of little kids out playing some ball on a small basket. I talked Elder Rowley into playing with me so we played for a few minutes. Not sure how but I got the nickname of "Slim Jesus" haha. Probably because every time these little kids would go up for a shot, I would swat them!…and my name tag says Jesus Christ on it. We played a little 3 on 4 with elder Rowley, me, and one of the kids against 4 other little kids. I showed no mercy on them because they kept trash talking so I had to show them how it was done. 

After the game they wouldn't let us leave because they loved us so much. Little kids like that are the best.


Something they talked about in church this week was how we are building our mansions above.  Every time we make an eternal step, we add a room into our house. When we were baptized, we added a room on. When we received the Holy Ghost we added a room on. Every time we receive a calling we add a room on. This helped me see the perspective that it really isn't about this life. Too often are we focused on what task lies in front of us rather than on how great the journey along the way is. If I have learned one thing in my mission, it is to not take for granted all the privileges we have of serving our God in this church. D&C 98:18 - "Let not your hearts be troubled; for in my Father’s house are many mansions, and I have prepared a place for you; and where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also."

That's about it for this week. Love you all

Elder Goff


Golden Corral - Yum!

Member's are the best in Florida!!!