Cayson

Cayson

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 6 Orlando - Conway East

So this last week we saw a ton of tender mercies! The Lord really cares about each and everyone of us! Elder Hilton and I are really getting the work rolling here in Conway! We've focused a lot on the members and getting there help in our efforts to find new people to teach. Because of this effort we've picked up 3 new investigators. I'm pretty confident in the work we are doing! Ben changed his baptism date to September. He has improved more this week than the rest.
I finally got to play a guitar. It was so relaxing and made my whole mission better. It was great! Also our p days are great! We get to play basketball every week so I guess that life here isn't too much different than what it was before. One thing that was way awesome that happened this week was that we had a huge storm! The road looked just like a river! It was the coolest thing and the water was at least a foot deep! The Lightning here is also amazing! It stays up in the clouds most of the time and looks like a firework show! I love it haha. 
So yesterday in church we had a great meeting. A member in elders quorums talked about how we should hunger for the gospel. You don't realize how good it really tastes until everything you do is about the gospel. Talking about Lehi's vision of the tree of life and how we can make it to the end.  Elder Kevin W. Pearson said, "Unless we are “continually holding fast” to the word of God and living it, we will become spiritually blinded rather than spiritually minded. Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." I feel like I have been taking my knowledge of the gospel for granted all of my life. Until I fully learned to love living the gospel all of the time, I did not realize the feast I was missing out on. "Don't miss out on your spiritual feast." 

Well this mission is great! Love you all.