Cayson

Cayson

Monday, August 10, 2015

Week 4 Orlando - Conway East

Well another week here in the promised land! I'm really starting to love this place. Everyone is super nice. We have a man in our ward, Brother Conner, who reminds me a lot of Si from Duck Dynasty. He is a way funny guy with one of those southern accents, but is probably the best member in our ward that I know. He had a rough past life but has changed a lot. This week he called us up asking for us to let him help us in any way possible, this was a huge blessing because we have been struggling to get the members help in our teaching. He jumped right in and worked with us. He is just one of the many great members here so I feel like I'm right at home. There are also a lot of crazy religious people here. I feel like 2 Nephi 29: 2-4 is the story of my life right now.

We saw a lot of miracles happen but probably the biggest one we saw happened yesterday when the woman we have been teaching, Terry, COMMITTED TO BAPTISM!!!!! Her date is September 5th! It was so intense! That was the first baptismal commitment that I have given! The spirit was so strong! The best part about it though was that we were able to take Tino, a future missionary, with us. He has been debating whether or not to go on a mission but after we walked out of there he said that he's going without a doubt! This work is so great!  Another investigator Ben is improving slowly. We're not sure if he will make his baptism date on the 28th but we are sure going to try.

So I would have to say that this was one of my best weeks so far. My testimony has grown so much. I haven't ever felt the spirit so strong in my life as what I feel now on my mission. I honestly can say that I am glad I still have almost 2 years of this left because There's nowhere in the world or any other time that you can feel the feelings you get on a mission. Love you all!

Elder Goff

A member posted this on a Facebook Blog - It was great to see!
I made Crepes