Cayson

Cayson

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 2 Orlando - Conway East

This week's update from Cayson...

This week was really good! The humidity is still a killer but I think that I am slowly but surely getting used to it. We bike about every day but I guess that's a good thing because we are able to talk to a lot more people. My companion is pretty cool. He's from St. George and he's 23! He only has 5 months of his mission left so he knows a lot of the secrets. We get along pretty well.
The people here are a lot different than Utah, but they are really good. Most of the people here are nondenominational which means they are Christian but don't have a specific religion. That doesn't make much sense to me because they say that they are saved no matter what they do just because they say that they believe in Christ. The biggest part of faith and believing is the acting part. Faith without works is dead. We work a lot with less active members because we have struggled to find new investigators. Fortunately this week we got a referral for a non member lady. She is a strong Christian who is nondenominational, but she is looking for a change in her life. She said that she feels like there is so much more that she is missing out on. We had a solid lesson with her and I am pretty confident that she knows what we say is true. Lesson's with her are a little bit weird because of her past religion, but we still invite the spirit. Last lesson with her we talked about the Godhead and how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and 2 separate beings. She said that she believes what we say is true. I'm pretty excited for her. Another investigator we are working with is still struggling to keep some commandments. He says that he wants more than anything to stop and change but he just can't do it. We are working hard with him to help him quit his problems. I have faith that everything will work out.

Well that about sums up my week! I love doing this work. It is tough but it is by far the best decision I have ever made in my life! One of the best motivators I had was Jesus Christ. He knows all of our pains and weaknesses because He has been there. Once we recognize Him in our lives, we then are able to progress and grow closer to Him. Remember Him always! Love you all
Elder Goff

Elders in our ward.  Mid Left Elder Rowley, ID, Mid Right Elder Davis, Payson. UT